The warranty information below was last updated in 2013-08 based on Tandberg Data supplied information. These warranty service provisions are supplied by Tandberg Data direct. They are not the same as Compucon system warranty provisions and are not a subset of Compucon warranty.
Tandberg Data has revised its services strategy, effective 1st September 2013, all Tandberg data tape automation products (StorageLoader LTO, StorageLibrary T24 and StorageLibrary T40+series) will be sold with a 3 year advanced replacement service warranty. Customers will have the option to upgrade and extend the warranty at the point of sale or at a later date.
Please note that all tape automation products sold after 1st September 2013 will be sold under the new warranty conditions. Customers wishing to extend the product warranty are advised to do so before the warranty expiry date to avoid incurring additional costs.
Customers are required to register their product for warranty, extended warranty and secure service - refer to in-box registration information.
1.0 Service Overview
Tandberg Data provides a wide range of Service, Repair, and Warranty offerings to protect your
mission critical data and business.
- Free technical support hotline from most locations
- Advanced Replacement Service (ARS)
- Secure Service (Onsite)
- Out of warranty repairs
2.0 Type of Products
(ai) LTO Tape Drives, RDX Units, RDX Media and Rackmount Enclosures, and Storage-Loaders Products
- 3 years Advanced Replacement Program (ARP)
T24 / T40+ Tape Library
- 3 year On-Site Next Business Day warranty including both parts and labor
(ai) Quikstation, AccuVault & DPS2000 NAS, DAT Tape Drive
- 1 year Advanced Replacement Program (ARP)
- Unit deemed faulty within 30 days from date of purchase considered as Dead on Arrival (DOA)
- Unit deemed faulty after 30 days from date of purchase considered as RMA
- 3 years Next Business Day On-site
(c) Tape Media
Replacement by swapping
3.0a Warranty Procedure - Connexion Point
(a) DOA Faulty within 30 days from date of purchase
Contact Compucon direct on (09) 415 3305 or
during business hours giving us the details of the faulty product and symptoms of fault. We will advise you what to do.
(b) RMA Faulty after 30 days from date of purchase
Contact Tandberg Authorized Service Provider during business hours and they will advise you what to do.
9a William Pickering Drive,
Albany, Auckland 0632
Tel: +64 9 478 9809
Toll-Free Hotline: 0800 666 456
3.0b Warranty Procedure - Tandberg Support Direct
UIFN: 00 800 TANDBERG = 00 800 826 323 74 (Toll free)
Email will be responded to within 24 hours, or next business day.
(a) Return Material Authorisation (RMA)
To request an RMA just follow a few simple steps:
1) First run through the troubleshooting checklist to eliminate common problems - http://www.tandbergdata.com/apac/index.cfm/support/troubleshooting-checklist/
2) Report and verify the failure by contacting Technical Support
3) Technical Support will provide a case reference number, verify warranty & service level entitlement, qualify the problem and provide a solution if possible
4) If device replacement is necessary Technical Support will send an RMA request form to be completed electronically and sent back, or direct you to an online RMA request form
5) An RMA will be approved if device replacement is necessary and the device is in warranty or covered by a valid service contract
(b) Advanced Replacement Service (ARS)
Tandberg Data offer an Advance Replacement Service (Component Level only), or ARS-C service. If your service level entitlement includes ARS-C, and an RMA is approved, Tandberg Data will ship an exchange component unit usually within 48 hours (excluding weekends).
The faulty device must be shipped back to Tandberg Data within 5 working days. Tandberg Data will advise on the reverse logistics process and packaging requirements.
The replacement unit will be a refurbished, fully tested equivalent device.
The above procedure is based on Compucon Quality Manual QMII 06/05/04 (1)